Saturday, January 21, 2006

Welcome, Honda ad seekers :-)

EDIT (30-04-06): The video files are now back online at a different location. Please let me know if the links don't work; I think I've amended them correctly but it's entirely possible I've made a mistake!

I know I go on a lot (probably too much, but it fascinates me) about searches that have led people here. But the recent mentions of the Honda choir ad have doubled the number of visitors! (Note to self: stop whingeing, or they'll all go away again.)

We're still getting loads of people who've found us by searching for "Hogwarts March for brass band" (and there are now 2 brass bands who have started to rehearse my arrangement, although I haven't heard either of them - both conductors have promised to let me know when they perform it though). Other searches from the past couple of days: "amusing quotes about tenors and basses", and, slightly more oddly, "tenors sounding like sopranos"... But in the past week we've had, in addition to dozens looking for "honda choir advert",

• honda choir rehearsal
• honda noisy choir advert
• honda advert choir
• honda orchestra advert civic (a confused person there, I think!)
• honda advert beatbox
• honda ad singing choir
• civic choir
• civic choir advert
• honda civic choir tv ad download
and last but not least
• toyota advert 60 voice choir (I approve wholeheartly of someone who knows how many are in the choir but not what they're advertising!)

Anyway, if you've seen the ad but not the three "making of" videos, I've put them online too. Well worth a watch. And it struck me that probably most people seeing them would be surprised at what singers can do with their voices. I suspect the composer witnessed one of our warmups and stole all the ideas from there!

Anyway. Download:

Honda choir ad: QuickTime .mov (9.4 MB) or Windows Media video (8.9 MB)

Making of, 1: QuickTime .mov (19.1 MB) or Windows Media video (8.2 MB)

Making of, 2: QuickTime .mov (16.0 MB) or Windows Media video (7.9 MB)

Making of, 3: QuickTime .mov (27.7 MB) or Windows Media video (12.6 MB)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the honda ad on the telly this morning, it was rather amazing. Maybe we should suggest to Jamie that we do the piece in the a capella concert!

Jocelyn Lavin said...

Well, when I told him about it, I mentioned to him that my mum thought we should have done it. I actually meant she thought we should have been asked to do the actual ad, but he thought I meant we should perform it in a concert, so the seed has been planted :p

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jocelyn, for all this work in making the video files available. Every time I've tried to access them from the Honda website it's been busy.

How do you save them from the website?

Went to the Shost. 11 last night - amazing performance from the orchestra, and what a bonus to hear the Ten Russian Folk Songs performed by the Youth Choir - brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Confused person was probably Heather Stott!

Jocelyn Lavin said...

I didn't save them from the website - I googled and found that someone (possibly Honda) had made them available as podcasts, and I used QuickTime Pro to convert them to more widely usable formats.

Agree re Heather Stott :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks,

It's taken me all afternoon at work to find this advert to download.

Can't wait to get home now to try it on a big screen instead of this little laptop.

Jocelyn Lavin said...

Glad to be of service :-)

Anonymous said...

Joclyn how did you get hold of this mpeg I cant download it at all, and would really like to show it to my music class, as a fantastic example of voice and body sounds. Could you please help me get a copy my email is jonathanbellfield@hotmail.com

I would be very grateful, and I am a fellow alto as well lol

Jocelyn Lavin said...

Sorry, but I had to remove the video files - I hope to find a new home for them soon though. They were on school webspace and we have just had our limit drastically reduced (from 100GB to 50MB!). And, Jennifer, I'd be happy to email you a video, but you didn't tell me your email address...