Thursday, July 12, 2007

Just when you thought I'd gone...

... here are some mp3s for your delectation :-)

Faire is the Heaven (Harris)
O Clap Your Hands (Gibbons)
Komm Jesu Komm (Bach) - part 1
Komm Jesu Komm (Bach) - part 2
Komm Jesu Komm (Bach) - part 3
Komm Jesu Komm (Bach) - part 4
Vespers (Rachmaninov) - no. 1
Vespers (Rachmaninov) - no. 3
Vespers (Rachmaninov) - no. 7
Vespers (Rachmaninov) - no. 8

I've spent the last hour or so doing a favour for my ex-boss, which involved (as so many of my favours for him do!) finding a load of songs for him. I always used to do this for his weekly assemblies, but tomorrow the school closes down forever, so it's his last ever assembly. It'll be an emotional occasion. And one of the few benefits of being still unable to get a job is that at least I can attend :-)

Anyway, while faffing around with mp3s, I realised that I hadn't got round to putting mp3s online of this weekend's music, and I had meant to. So, here you are.

(As a matter of fact, I spent an hour this afternoon doing something else (not online) that hopefully lots of people in the choir will find helpful this weekend. I'll be interested to see how many of them notice!)

Thanks again for all the comments and emails in response to my last post. They are much appreciated. As for the future of this blog, I'll make a decision after the weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it going in some form, although it will be necessarily different to how it has been in the past. We'll see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the MP3s. I'm looking forward to the weekend. I'm also intrigued about the mystery action you have taken! Should I bring my sherlock holmes magnifying glass?

Jocelyn Lavin said...

No, it should be fairly obvious to anyone who's awake :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for identifying and labelling our Bach scores!

Jocelyn Lavin said...

My pleasure :-)