Thursday, August 05, 2010

Spem videos!

Lots of people have asked about these, and they're finally online so I can share them with you.

The two main videos are both slightly over ten minutes long, but they needed to be under ten minutes to go on YouTube, so I was planning to split off the intros (because the singing itself is JUST under ten minutes), but for various reasons that hasn't been done yet. But in the meantime, YouTube unexpectedly solved the problem themselves, by increasing their video time limit to fifteen minutes, only a few days ago!

These videos are therefore totally unedited. As is always the case, they don't sound QUITE as amazing as I remember it in my head, but they do sound pretty good! A friend to whom I sent the links commented that it almost fell apart in the middle of each attempt, but we expected that - the amazing thing was that we recovered well enough to get to the end convincingly \o/

The first attempt was filmed from behind choirs 4 and 5, whereas the second attempt was filmed from behind choirs 1 and 8, so you can see all the singers in one or the other (most are visible in both).

(I've edited my blog post from the day to include the video links, in case you want to remind yourself of the background.)

Video of Dr Liz arriving

Video of first attempt (preceded by my intro)

Video of second attempt

4 comments:

Dr Liz. said...

Re: Video of me arriving.

That is my surprised face! Ok, its not very different from my normal face, but I think you can tell by the way I'm holding my arms that I am surprised! I'm holding them quite still (for me!).

And I know the performance isn't perfect, but we keep together and keep pitch and its amazing!

I'm still smiling about this day. Thank you!!!

Liz
xxx
(upside down, and ahead in time, in Sydney)

Jocelyn Lavin said...

When you think of how badly it COULD have gone, it is DEFINITELY amazing :-)

Libby said...

Thanks for the videos! I've never seen Liz so still! The performance sounds amazing I love the way you can see everybody desperately keeping time! It worked though. Great plan and a great send off!

Jocelyn Lavin said...

Thank you Libby!