Thursday, January 20, 2005

"Otherwise we'll only hear the sopranos, and that can only be a bad thing..."

Alto sectional tonight. Got a lot done as usual, but it was slightly frustrating because (a) I pointed out the bar-from-By-And-By-that-everyone-is-getting-wrong to Jamie, but he didn't rehearse it, just drew people's attention to it. (I only realised tonight that there's a misprint in one of its appearances - felt a bit stupid not to have examined it more closely before, given the amount of time it's been annoying me!) So I'm pretty sure the problem will still exist next time we rehearse it. Oh well. Oh, and (b) we STILL didn't do "Go Down Moses" :-(

Many amusing moments though, although as usual you probably had to be there... The above quote is from Jamie (although I'm sure he'll deny it!) and was uttered on page 21 of "The Music Makers" (I write these things in my score so that they may amuse me for longer :p). He also invented a word - he told us to "singerate" a long F, and the scary part is that we all knew exactly what he meant...

His phrase of the night was "the loudest... you've ever sung" - on page 12 it was "the loudest Bb you've ever sung", followed by "the loudest D you've ever sung" on page 26 and "the loudest C you've ever sung" on page 23 - and there were more! Oh, and it became apparent when we got onto the Spirituals that the BFBABTEIGW isn't the only one TEIGW... the repeated phrase in "Nobody Knows" is all over the place. Not sure what everyone's singing for the 3rd note, but it's not a C!

No comments: