Friday, December 23, 2005

No, I'm not up early...

... I'm up late :-)

Going to sleep in a minute. Gig tonight. Very much looking forward to it, particularly after news from the horn section (see Gen's comment on my last post). Plus there's the ALTO DESCANT again - that is, unless Jamie decides enough is enough and bans it! Oh, and there is a plan for all the altos to wear silly shoes. Not entirely sure I own any, but I will look!

I've tried really hard to persuade people I know to come to one of the carol concerts, but have been unable to get any of my friends to come and see me. Maybe one of them will surprise me tonight, but it's looking unlikely. Oh well.

Anyway, my actual reason for posting is that I discovered another fabulous Christmas song. It's a cover version of the Coventry Carol (by a band called The Smashup) and it amuses me greatly. Note: beware of turning the volume up at the start, it gets louder in the verse.... If you like this, you may also be amused by the Christmas edition of Never Mind The Buzzcocks, which was on the other day but is repeated sometime soon - in the next line round, they had a death metal band playing Christmas songs. I was extremely amused by the performance of Deck the Halls :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my all time favourites ruined - had to stop it after the first vocal utterance. Meanwhile, I'll e-mail you one of my favourites.

Jocelyn Lavin said...

Oh well, I didn't expect everyone to like it :-) It cracks me up every time I hear it - which is several times now!

Anonymous said...

It wasn't just the altos singing descant. There were some tenors and some of us basses singing descant in O Come All Ye Faithful!

Jocelyn Lavin said...

Excellent, I approve of that :-) Which one are you? The one who had the hat with pigtails, or the one that some people refer to as Harry Potter (although I don't see it myself), or the other one? I know there are 3 of you but not who is who :-)

Anonymous said...

I must be the harry potter one. I'm the only one with glasses

Jocelyn Lavin said...

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to learn the names of everyone in the choir. This is a good start :-)