Sunday, December 11, 2005

We are the dreamers of dreams...

Quick post. The ever-vigilant Graham E sends this excerpt of a bit of Radio 3's CD review, in which they discuss our Music Makers CD as one of their picks of the year. (The excerpt is a WMA file and is 7.7 MB... if you can't open it, let me know and I'll ask Graham to send the mp3 (which is even bigger, hence him choosing WMA instead.)) (Or if you want to listen online, go to Radio 3's Listen Again page, select "CD review", and fast forward to about 1h 10m.) (I believe it was Jackie that spotted it - thanks to both of you!)

If you can't be bothered to listen, here's a summary: They really like the recording and say it made them re-evaluate the music. However, apart from that, they say very little about the actual performance, and don't comment on the choir at all :-(

Other news: I had an email from Cath M, which I don't think she'll mind me quoting. (Many of you will be aware that her husband Graham - see, I told you all the men in the choir are called Graham! - has been in hospital. Lots of people have asked how he is, so now I know the answer I thought it would be easiest just to post it here.) "Graham is doing well. He's very perky (as usual) but has got a v. sore bum so sitting is still very difficult. He's going for his post op appointment tomorrow where we will also find out the biopsy results. We already know he will probably need more chemo. It's a case of fingers crossed! We hope to return to the choir in January if he is able to sit for a good while but Maggie's exercises will be out!! Hope the carol concerts go well. (Graham took a recording of the Bells into hospital on his MP3 player!!)"

No comments: