Monday, March 27, 2006

The apostles spoke in many tongues, alleluia

I'm off work - have had a really bad headache for nearly 5 days now, am about to go out to doctor's to find out why - so I thought I'd do a quick update.

Firstly, for those who don't come here via my choir website, you might like to know that I have updated my online choir schedule (choir members, email me for the link if you don't already have it). Please note that the schedule on the official site was significantly out of date as of early this morning. Please note, in particular, that the rehearsal on Friday 7th April is from 6pm to 9.30. I wasn't aware of this, although I'm assured we have been told and I'd just missed it, so I thought I'd better point it out in case anyone else has been daydreaming like I obviously have!

Secondly, we've had a huge increase in the number of blog visitors looking for the Honda choir ad to download (so I feel useful for keeping it available!) I'm intrigued as to the reason for the sudden increase, though - have they started showing it again? I haven't seen it since January, but I don't watch that much TV that has ads in it.

And finally, someone was searching for translations of the Byrd and Tallis music we're doing in the a cappella gig, and since I've just been investigating that myself as a favour to Cathy, I thought I may as well share my findings. Enjoy :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

From one who, on top of everything, has been suffering from an almighty cold since Friday, but who had to work throughout the weekend for a presentation I had to make this morning, I hope you are feeling much better. I have been recommended to take Manuka honey (from Sainsbury's). It certainly seems to have amazing properties, as an internet search will reveal. Must go and get a spoonful!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're soon feeling better!

Anonymous said...

So many people seem to be ill at the moment! I'm recovering from blocked sinuses!

Jocelyn Lavin said...

Bit better today, went back to work (although mainly because I knew there'd be no kids due to Unison strike and we only had to stay for a couple of hours!). Thanks for your kind words.