Saturday, December 02, 2006

Gerry the Genius

I met Gerry today. He is the lovely man who is going to fix my iBook (that's my laptop computer, for those who've never heard the term). It died yesterday (the logic board has given up the ghost, it seems) and the repair would be costing £500 if it wasn't for the fact that I took out AppleCare protection, which covers it. So at least there's some good news... Gerry works at the Genius Bar in the new Apple Store in the Arndale Centre. (If you've never been inside an Apple Store, do visit sometime - they're impressive places!)

In the meantime, I have no access to any of my files - or to World of Warcraft! (*sob*) - but I can at least get online - just - by using a PC laptop I've been allocated by school. I say 'just' because it's the SLOWEST MACHINE IN THE WORLD. It takes ten minutes - literally - to open a single program, and opening two things at once is just not an option. Argh.

What do you mean, I haven't mentioned the choir yet? Well, there's really not much to say. Last night was the orchestral rehearsal for Messiah, and it was OK musically (we finished 20 minutes early, always a good sign) but yet again had to stand up for most of it. And no doubt there'll be lots more standing tomorrow. Oh, my poor feet.

No comments: