Thursday, January 01, 2009

The eighth day of Christmas: My resistance is low

This one was actually written by the wonderful Hoagy Carmichael and was a big hit in the UK in 1976.

Robin Sarstedt - My resistance is low

The singer, Robin Sarstedt, is the younger brother of both Peter Sarstedt ("Where Do You Go To, My Lovely?") and Eden Kane ("Well, I Ask You") This song was his only hit. I could only find one version of it on YouTube, but it doesn't show any of the performers other than Robin, and it misses out the very end!

The end (both the singer's very low note, and the fact that it ends with a whispered "yeah!") is possibly my favourite bit of the song, but there are also fabulous Disneyesque backing vocals, and a full orchestra which has all sorts of interjections to contribute. Also, the intro is one of the best intros ever, and I defy you not to start swaying by the end of it!

No comments: