Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Grovel, grovel, cringe, bow, stoop, crawl

I've been writing Joseph music out for hours, and I decided I couldn't stay awake any longer and abandoned it for the night, but I lay there wide awake for an hour - with the tunes going round in my head - before admitting defeat and getting up again to finish it. Argh.

Anyway, just wanted to point out the Times review of Shost 3. This one does at least mention the choir. He didn't like Shost 3 though! "When a symphony by a famous composer is never played there is usually a good reason." "I won’t be petitioning the gods of concert programming for more performance." Heh. (He doesn't actually say what he thought of the choir, although the implication is that we were "vigorous"...)

Oh, and Graham E discovered this page while faffing online. It's quite interesting. Graham's not at all well, btw - do send him your best wishes.

EDIT: Graham sent this scan of the M.E.N. review of the Shost 3 gig, which hasn't made it online yet. Yet again, nothing about the choir. Sheesh.

No comments: