Friday, February 15, 2008

A mixed week....

Choir on Wednesday was good - not much to say about it though, because all the best bits would involve quoting people who don't want to be quoted! And my band's gig last night at the North City Library went very well considering the lack of rehearsal. However, in a week in which I have already received letters telling me that my electricity is about to be cut off AND my house will shortly be repossessed (on the plus side, at least then I wouldn't need any electricity!) I got home after the gig to find a letter telling me that the job application I submitted a couple of weeks ago has been unsuccessful - I didn't even get an interview. It seems that my idea of a job I'd be perfect for is rather different to that of employers.... Oh well.

However, I just got a call from Five TV saying they want me to go down to London to appear on a live show on Tuesday morning, and they still wanted this (much to my surprise!) even after I said I wouldn't do it unless they paid me enough to compensate for losing a day's pay! So I will have a free trip to London to cheer me up :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you they should make it worth your while. Enjoy your day.

Anonymous said...

Intriguied as to what might make daytime TV more interesting!

Anonymous said...

Intrigued, even!