Thursday, September 22, 2005

Facial urge Jamie!

I have a thingy set up that tells me how many people visit this blog. It also tells me what page they came from to get here. Most people come from the choir website (which I really must update properly sometime!) but occasionally they come from a different Blogger site (presumably via the random "next blog" thing) or from a search engine. I'm always fascinated to see what search terms led people to me. But my favourite so far is a recent one - someone actually found the choir blog by doing a search on the words "facial urge Jamie", because all three of those words appear on it in various places. The mind boggles to think what they were actually looking for....

I also noticed that someone had come here from Dancerjen's blog, and this turns out to be Jeni Entwistle, who was a member of the alto section for a while before moving to Finland. (Her most recent blogging appears to be here. Jeni, if you ever read this, great to hear how you're doing!) She has some interesting comments about the choir: here, here and here. The last one is about the Brahms Song of Destiny concert, which I'm alarmed to find that although it was less than a year ago and I know I sang in the concert, I can't remember a single note of!

Anyway. More Bells last night. We did the second movement and quite a lot of the third. It's starting to sink in, although I had the damn Casualty theme stuck in my head all night as a result of the bit that quotes it. Fanny knows the Russian really well - it's obvious that she's spent a lot of time working on it. Although I'm not sure what prompted the Fannyism I scribbled on page 38: "It's like the party game you play when you're all really drunk, and someone leaves the room and you have to guess who it was." :-)

I have to admit that several of the 2nd altos (me included) were doing Sudoku puzzles while not singing. But we were still keeping up the "loud and wrong" tradition... Fanny kept asking the altos to do their part first, when she stopped to note-bash. I was getting paranoid about this and thinking it meant that she thought we were doing it wrong, when it seemed to me that we were actually getting it right more often than the rest of the choir. But someone pointed out that that's possibly why she asked us to go first :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fannyism had something to do with the tenors' unintended tacet.

Anonymous said...

"The mind boggles to think what they were actually looking for...."

Don't even think of going there!