Friday, May 26, 2006

The Best Choruses In The World ... Ever

As I said yesterday, I have some reservations about this claim (where's the Anvil Chorus? the Soldiers' Chorus from Faust? Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves? Dies Irae from Verdi Requiem? The main bit from Beethoven 9? Grand March from Aida? Polovtsian Dances? I Was Glad? I could go on...). But in the meantime, here are a load of mp3s of the stuff for this gig. As usual, they'll be taken offline after the gig and are provided for personal study. If I've missed anything out, someone please tell me!

Ave Verum Corpus (Mozart) (4.0 MB)
Wie lieblich, from German Requiem (Brahms) (8.0 MB)
Bridal Chorus, from Lohengrin (Wagner) (6.2 MB)
Easter Hymn, from Cavalleria Rusticana (Mascagni) (6.2 MB)
Agnus Dei, from Requiem (Fauré) (6.6 MB)
Hallelujah Chorus, from Messiah (Handel) (4.5 MB)
Humming Chorus, from Madame Butterfly (Puccini) (3.4 MB)
Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring (Bach) (3.3 MB)
Dies Irae, from Requiem (Mozart) (2.2 MB)
Lacrimosa, from Requiem (Mozart) (4.1 MB)
O Fortuna, from Carmina Burana (Orff) (3.3 MB)
Soldiers' Chorus (Verdi) (2.0 MB)
Sanctus, from Requiem (Verdi) (2.8 MB)
Zadok the Priest (Handel) (6.8 MB)

3 comments:

Cliff said...

Hi Jocelyn,

Hello - sorry I don't have you email - I've stopped updating www.thisisthis.blogspot.org

If you want to please go to www.thisisthis.org and update any links or bookmarks, that's where I'll keep writing like it matters.

All the best,
Cliff

Cliff said...

Thanks for you comment. And in case you were wondering where your navbar went, that's a blogger thing. Your post "As he faced the sun he cast no shadow" wraps the italics over two lines. If you do that, it often bumps down the nav. Hope that helps.

Jocelyn Lavin said...

Thanks Cliff - my navbar is fine though. Maybe it's a browser thing? (I use Safari on a Mac...)