Thursday, May 25, 2006

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hi all - just a brief note to apologise for not being at last night's rehearsal. I went to sleep instead, having only had a total of about 2 hours' sleep since Sunday... I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer! However, I do now have a new job (starting in September) \o/ It's here, and I'm very much looking forward to it. Also extremely relieved!

I'm told that the rehearsal was spent on Zadok, O Fortuna and the Sanctus from the Verdi Requiem. (I still can't work out why it's the Sanctus that's been included and not the start of the Dies Irae, but there you go. I'd have said the latter was far more of a popular classic.) Dr Liz says she was too busy giggling at the back to note any Jamieisms but she thinks there weren't any. Naughty Liz, I hate it when people do that! Clearly I need to make sure I am there next week so I can glare reprovingly :p However I will forgive her because she was the ONLY person who remembered my interviews and texted to say good luck :-)

I do have mp3s of the things for the choral pops concert, but I haven't got round to putting them online yet. Hopefully soon. Along with a Take That report...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

so far away! will you have to move?

Anonymous said...

Well done on the job! Hurrah for Jocelyn.

I, of course, wouldn't have giggled had you been there to glare at me! Honest!

Anonymous said...

Did anyone tell you Gillian was there? Still a bit sore I think but putting on a brave face. There was also the great news hat we're recording D of G in July 2008 (yes 2008) with Paul Gove, Alice Coote and Bryn!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!

Jocelyn Lavin said...

It's not far from my house at all - only about half an hour's drive. So no, I won't be moving.

*glares preemptively at Naughty Liz* :p

Yes, I heard Gillian was at the rehearsal - great news to hear she's on the mend. And Dr Liz did tell me about the recording but she wasn't sure whether or not it was a secret so I didn't mention it :-) Exciting though!

Thank you all for your kind thoughts :-)

Anonymous said...

Any idea who will be singing the semi-chorus part for D of G?

Jocelyn Lavin said...

No idea about semi-chorus. Will be interesting to see what direction they go in with that.