Tuesday, June 20, 2006

And you thought obsession was a bad thing!

It's due to my obsessive nature that I was rooting through my CDs looking for the Rachmaninov Vespers, having realised that I needed to include the Ave Maria in my "Best Choruses" list, and while doing so I discovered my CD of Daphnis et Chloé, which I'd forgotten I owned. Since we're starting rehearsals on that tomorrow, I thought I'd post the first movement. [EDIT: Now removed, see next post!] I knew I'd sung it before, but couldn't remember anything about it. Now I've had a listen, it seems a lot more familiar. And those who are worried about singing in French will be reassured to hear that there are no words - it's all sung to 'ah' :-)

And some more additions to the "Best Choruses" list that I can't believe I forgot yesterday (I'll put all the links in one place eventually):

Dixit Dominus, 1st movement (Handel) (7.1 MB)
Agnus Dei, from Requiem (Duruflé) (4.2 MB)
Lift Thine Eyes, from Elijah (Mendelssohn) (1.9 MB)
Magnificat, 1st movement (Bach) (3.7 MB)
Passion Chorale, from St Matthew Passion (Bach) (2.8 MB)
Ave Maria, from Vespers (Rachmaninov) (4.3 MB)
Sleep Well, from St John Passion (Bach) (9.0 MB)

Oh, and did you all know about the Leek double sunset? It's tomorrow (and every year round about Midsummer Day). I found out about it the day afterwards last year, and have had it marked in my diary since. If anyone sees it, do report back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheers for all the MP3's Joce, they're fab!