Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Anorak alert!

On my way out, but thought I'd post this, since I've just done it. Armed with the Daphnis miniature score I got from the library yesterday, I've written out a few extra cues that might prove useful. (If there are any places I've missed, please let me know.)

(EDIT: Here's a small version in case there are people who are confused by the large one. The small one will fit on your screen whatever settings you have, but it's very fuzzy. Your best bet is to save the large version (by right-clicking the link, as if you were saving an mp3), and then open the saved version. Most printers should be set up to automatically shrink it to fit on one page, while keeping the quality.)

(ANOTHER EDIT: For sopranos at figure 11... I didn't put a cue here because the altos are singing so I thought that might be enough. But I realised tonight that the sopranos may need a bit more help, because their notes in the 3rd bar are really hard to get. So you may like to know that the violas and cellos (both divided) play the exact same notes for 2 bars from figure 11. Also, in the 2nd bar of 11, there's a bassoon solo that starts on a G#.)

I may as well also take this opportunity to point you to the 4 tracks of Hungarian text: track 1, track 2, track 3, track 4. I was just copying the CDs tonight for Rosy and figured I may as well put them online. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people in anoraks can be most useful! Thanks again for more helpful info and downloads where would I be without them? Good luck in the forthcoming vote!

Jocelyn Lavin said...

Thanks Libby, glad to be of service :-)